Down the rabbit hole

Sunday, September 5


One thing that frustrates me occasionally is the rampant dissing of Jennifer's Body. This may come as a surprise, but I EFFING LOVE THAT MOVIE. It's my new Mean Girls, it cracks me up everytime and just cheers me up. I adore it, it's fantastic and just the right amounts of visually appealing and fucking hilarious.

I really really don't understand the bad rep it gets. Do people not understand that it's NOT meant to be a horror film? It's more a dark comedy than anything, and I think it delivers exactly what it promises.

I love it because it has so many hilarious lines and I just really like how the story pans out. It's one of Megan Fox's better roles IMHO, and of course Amanda Seyfried always delivers. I really enjoyed how the movie explored the relationship between the two. Gotta love the crazy female power dynamics and the dubious emotional relationship between the two female leads. It's just a crazy emotional mess and I just adore it. It drives me mad thinking about whether Jennifer really did have feelings for Needy or if she was just madly insecure about Needy being better than her and having to exert some sort of emotional control over her.(I personally think Jen DID have some sort of romantic inclination towards Needy but I can't explain why without spoiling the whole thing).

Really, if you have the time to spare, just give it a chance. I promise you'll laugh AT LEAST ONCE. And if nothing else, you'll get to see Adam Brody be charming and FUCKING HILARIOUS(One of my favourite scenes in the movie actually.

And Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried MAKE OUT, if you're into that kind of thing. Another one of the hilarious throwbacks to old school horror flicks, gratitious milking of the female body and all that.
I've watched Jennifer's Body more times than you'd guess and I have to say I love it more each time. It's funny but you'll still think about it after. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece or that it's brilliant or anything, because it's not. There's nothing profound about it at all, and the deepest thing you might find is just the relationship between the two girls but that's it. Doesn't make it any less enjoyable though.




Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?